Monday, October 20, 2008

Rusty Nails


Peter Ruggiero 12/24/1914 – 02/08/09


Rusty Nails

Rusty nails in a cardboard box.
What did you see worth keeping?
I’d like to know.

I remember your hands – they shook
when holding old things as if mesmerized,
and I wonder

what treasures your mind created
out of rusty nails and old strings?
What poetic notion

let you dream beyond the dust?
What golden vision took you there?
I need to know…

Rusty nails in a cardboard box
a poetic legacy, words to a song…
oh, had I asked you then… I so need to know.


Carmen Ruggero ©2009

2 comments:

PhyllisJeanGreen said...

Hola, mi amigo!

Love the poems you have posted. Especially Evening Rhymes.
It is gorgeous!

Always, and Then,

Phyllis
xOxOxOxOx

Carmen Ruggero said...

Theank you, Pea! I'm so glad you came by.

Carmen
xoxoxoxo back your way